Sometimes I have to wonder what people are thinking, and that makes me go "WTF?" It fascinates me on occasion why people do or say certain things. Not that someone did something stupid or anything, but just curious what was going through their head. This might be a recurring theme here.
For example, I went to the nearby grocery store for lunch during work the other day. I usually go to the deli and order 1/2lb of their chicken strips. I made my order, and watched as the lady picked up the strips and placed them in the bag on the scale. She put in three strips and it came up to .50lbs even. Perfect! I even thought to myself, how perfect that was. Usually it's .58, or .43, or some odd number. Never .50 dead-on, and on the first try. In my head, I was giving her props. Then she grabs another strip and place it on the scale, making it .63 or something. Then she seals the bag and rings me up.
WTF?
What was she doing? I asked for .5olb, she got it on the first try, dead-on, but she gave me more. Not that I don't appreciate it, but it obviously cost me more. Ok, nothing to be concerned with, but still, it's the principle. She didn't ask me if I wanted more, which is usually what they do if they're close. It was just odd, and made me think what she was thinking. Is this their business practice? Did she think she was doing me a favor? Does it look like I need that extra chicken? Does she not know what .50lb means? I dunno. Makes me wonder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment